The Society of Cool!
Whatever you do, do not get caught doing the following:
1) Driving out of Aldi's car park with the window down playing "Champagne Supernova" with your kids in the back
2) Carp on endlessly with rose tinted sunglasses about weekends in Irvine, Clacton, Rhyl (delete where applicable) when you know - it pissed down/ no one else came/ the club night consisted of 8 teenagers in parkas/ you could not find any digs
3) Assess your overall style as "with attitude" when your close friends and family call you "grumpy"
4) Hate everything that has no particular family tree back to your golden era....e.g. The Spice Girls at the finale of the Olympics etc etc
5) Buy a scale model lambretta for your office desk to recoonect you to your roots
Might be guilty of point one, but I have scale model Vespas, not Lambrettas, LOL!
LOL!!! I hope the guys at work can see this. Can be guilty of 3) on a good day :o)
No, they´re at home on the book shelf. Only friends and family get to see them :-))
No 3 for me lol
"When i'm 64"
Soz...couldn't help it. lol.
# 2) is essential to mod, isn´t it? It´s what the Jam meant with "tears of rage roll down your face but still you say it´s fun..."!
2] And a gang of rockers/Punks/Skins kicked the crap out of ya.
Love point #5. Genius! :)
Actually and in confessional mode....
I found myself doing # 1 which inspired the piece and thought "come on boy ...what are you doing?"....
prob so did my kids lol
And yeah I once had a weekend in Rhyl....
No. 3 for me....
No. 5: I have a pic of my Vespa on the Desktop....does it count? It remembers me why I'm doing the job / where I have to spend my money for ;-)
Guilty of them all :-)