The Society of Cool!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEKEND
This has brought out the inner goth in me (mod/goth - a moth?!?) Used to love Halloween. I dressed up as a human fly once, and a hanged, drawn, and quartered man another year (with johhnies stuffed with cottonwool soaked in red gunk and covered with glycerine hanging out of my belly as intestines).
1. Ghost Dance - Prince Buster
2. You're a Witch now - Electric Mess
3. Witch - the Sonics
4. Boris the Spider - the Who
5. Watussi Zombie - the bloke from Jan and Dean
6. I'm Your Witch Doctor - John Mayall
7.Warlock - Desmond Dekker
8. Evil Witch Man - the N'Betweens
9. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - some garage band I
've got on a 'Pebbles' compilation I can't be arsed to look for
10. It's Your Voodoo Working - Chas Sheffield
11. Voodoo Voodoo - LaVern Baker
12. Dracula - Desmond Dekker
13. Frankie Stein & his Ghouls - The Ghostman Always Rings Twice
14. Little Demon - Screaming Jay Hawkins (in fact ANYTHING by SJH!)
15. Burnin' Hell - John Lee Hooker
and for the skinheads, Dracula prince of Darkness - King Horror, Frankenstein - King Horror and Ghost Town (not the Specials' song) also King Horror who, I have a feeling could be Lee 'Scratch' Perry but I'm not sure (any Bonehead out there know?)
Or basically just chuck a Cramps album on!
Aha you remind me of two Mod friend's in Manchester who wear a lot of black.
"We are the Moth's, We are the Moth's, we are, we are, we are the Moth's"
Believe me, I'm not a goth! I think that was the most spammy movement ever - Bela Lugosi is dead undead undead undead what a load of bollocks!! I was up in Whitby once. Saw all these phalloids walking around dressed up like Dracula - like from the 90s film. They were all trying to look like Gary Numan or whatever he was called. Twits.
Pushing Up The Daisies - The Colourfield
Oh I remember that! Not my cup of tea but then I don't like Terry Hall much. I put a Specials CD on the other day but couldn't be bothered listening to it.
yeah I remember them , I think I had the first single
I never said you was LOL.
Max got a dark side , maybe a hint of goth hahaha